AdSense

Biyernes, Enero 25, 2013

Pulling off a wedding on a budget - Careers - Career Management

Preparing for the wedding was not as easy as I thought since John and I spent most part of it looking for a San Diego wedding photographer that offered affordable wedding photography service within San Diego. It would cost roughly $800 to avail full service from a wedding photography studio in San Diego, Ca but we can't afford to shell out that much because of budget constraints. It took me and John only three months to prepare for our wedding since he proposed in September and the hopeless romantics in us swore before the gods that we would be together before the year ends, thus marking December our wedding month. Our search for an affordable San Diego wedding photography service even almost led us to splitsville as we would always argue.Our love, however, reigned and we managed to put aside our worries concerning cheap and reliable wedding photography in San Diego while we focused on other things like my wedding gown. We decided to just settle with our digital camera whi ch features five megapixels. I contacted our designer best friend to make my wedding gown and John's tux. That part was easy as there was nothing to discuss with Naomi, my friend since kindergarten, who knew exactly what John and I intended to wear on our wedding day. Naomi only utilizes the best fabric sourced from India, China and the Philippines for her creations. She said she's making a silk georgette gown for me free of charge as it will serve as her wedding gift to me. I couldn't thank her enough! Meanwhile, John and I have decided not to hire anybody to do our wedding invitations since he is, after all, a gifted artist and designer. He has encompassing ideas extremely beautiful that greeting card manufacturers and bookstores will have to pay him a chunk of money to be able to avail his service. As for the menu in the reception, I contacted Tiffany's Catering in Bay Area to schedule our visit to the restaurant for the taste test.One day, on my way to Mom's flower shop to check on the Lilies and Hydrangea that will bedeck the church pews, I got a call from Naomi. She told me it's urgent that I stop by her shop so I figured it might've something to do with my wedding gown. Naomi was smiling as I entered her boutique and standing beside her was a woman with long curly hair, her back to the door. At Naomi's count of three, the woman with curly hair faced me and bellowed "surprise!" It was Diane, Naomi's elder sister whom we haven't seen for almost five years since she works as a photographer for a glossy magazine in New York. Diane said she took a leave upon learning about my upcoming wedding. She volunteered to be our official photographer as she plans to publish our photos in the next issue of their magazine which is going to be about weddings!I was so thrilled that I hugged them both very tightly. This made me realize there is so much truth in the saying, "The best things in life are free."





iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento